Company: Ghost IT Service Ltd
Position: IT Helpdesk Technician
Hours: 8.30am to 5.30pm
Reporting to: Matthew Southgate (MD and Senior Technical Consultant)
Place of Work: North Weald Air Field, North Weald, Essex, CM16 6HR
Ghost Services are a one-stop shop for all aspects of business to business IT.
Ghost Services source and supply computer hardware and IT equipment for businesses. This also includes installation, maintenance and monitoring of equipment and also advice and guidance to customers.
They also provide the following services.
Emergency IT Rescue
Maintained IT Support
Computer & IT Sales
Cyber security experts
Business continuity specialists
All-round service from installation to upgrade
New system advice, installation and guidance
Primary Job Function:
Ensure all Customer calls are handled quickly, courteously, efficiently and in a professional manner; updating customers regularly in the event of any delay.
Ensure all IT related issues are logged
Ensure detected issues are responded to and logged within 15 minutes of being flagged by the monitoring system
Ensure all customer problems are resolved within the agreed times and no customer is left unable to work for longer than an hour
Maintain up-to-date customer files
Liaise with 3rd Party providers
Sourcing equipment: Help source equipment from suppliers, making sure that the products are in stock and requesting quotes.
We are looking for motivated engineer to assist with the delivery of projects and to manage small hardware and software installations for clients. They will often perform proactive visits to our clients as part of our after-care service and will therefore need excellent customer facing skills and be comfortable progressing issues and offering advice to clients.
- GCSE and/or A level in IT/Computing/Business and or Maths
- Professional presentation, and be comfortable in presales scenarios with potential customers
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Excellent documentation and written communication skills
- Knowledge of Microsoft Windows 7-8.1, 10 and Office 2007-2013
- Basic knowledge of MS Active Directory, DNS, DHCP and other infrastructure services (or open to learn)
- Team player, resilient and aspiring for a long-term career in IT
- Experience in a client facing role, communicating with both technical and non-technical clients
- Ability to work onsite or remotely without supervision – after training
- Energetic “can do” attitude
- Strong sense of teamwork. Team player, resilient and aspiring for a long-term career in IT
- Desire to work in an environment delivering exceptional customer service
- Ability to follow business procedures such as time and activity recording
The following attributes would be advantageous:
- Experience working in an IT support or IT consultancy company
- Some experience with server hardware
- Experience working in professional services environments (eg Accountants, Lawyers, Architects, etc, etc)
- CompTIA A+ certification or MSCA Windows 7/8